Common Admission Test (CAT)
CAT Exam Information
- Common Admission Test (CAT) is an all India level national test. The test is conducted by IIMs as entrance exam for getting admissions in top IIMs and leading business schools in the country. Other than IIMs, CAT scores are also accepted by many other MBA Institutes across India.
- CAT is the admission test for top B schools two year full time Post Graduate Programmes in Management and Ph.D programmes of IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIM Indore, IIM Kozhikode, IIM Lucknow, IIM Raipur, IIM Ranchi and IIM Trichy.
CAT Exam Eligibility
- Bachelors degree (graduation) with atleast 50 percent marks or equivalent CGPA (45 percent marks in case of candidates belonging to scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and different abled category also referred to as Persons with Disability category).
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./PostDiploma ) or B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India).
- Any qualification recognized as equivalent by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) New Delhi which is equivalent to Bachelors degree awarded by UGC recognized universities and institutions.
- Cases not covered are required to produce a certificate of equivalence from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
CAT Exam Syllabus
The syllabus are,
- Quantitative Ability.
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning.
The Syllabus For English
- Comprehension of Passage.
- Proverb sentence correction in short the relevant portion of grammar.
The Syllabus For Quantitative Ability
Profit & Loss.
Ratios and Proportion are few prominent ones.
The Syllabus For Data interpretation and Logical reasoning
Different types of graphs are,
- Bar graphs.
- Pie chart.
- Venn diagram.
- Critical reasoning and visual reasoning.