CS Exam Information
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India is an organization that has stood out for right regulation and continuous development in the profession of company secretaries in the country. Keeping aside awarding degrees and membership to candidates, ICSI has always aimed to raise the bar in terms of striking a balance between professional education and expertise. This effort has reached fruition in recent years in the scores of applicants taking up the CS course. ICSI membership is considered as the standalone benchmark for recruitment in central and state government posts as well for job openings in the corporate world.
ICSI awards degrees and membership to candidates on the basis of performance in the ICSI exam. This exam is conducted in three different stages. The foundation course program constitutes various important subjects that form the base of the profession.This is followed by the intermediate exam which consists of 12 theoretical subjects arranged into two groups of four papers consisting of 100 marks each. The final exam is the last and most important.
CS Exam Eligibility
Candidates who have passed Senior Secondary (10+2) examination of a Board/University constituted by law in India or any examination recognised by the Central Government as equivalent thereto are eligible.
Company Secretary Exam Syllabus
The following are the subjects in different stages of cs course. see the company secretary course subjects below.
CS Foundation Subjects
- Business Environment & Entrepreneurship.
- Business Management, Ethics and Communication.
- Business Economics
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
CS Executive Subjects
- Company Law
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Economic and Commercial Laws
- Tax Laws and Practice
- Company Accounts and Auditing Practices
- Capital Markets and Securities Laws
- Industrial, Labor and General Laws
CS Professional Subjects
- Advanced Company Law and Practice
- Secretarial Audit
- Compliance Management and Due Diligence
- Corporate Restructuring, Valuation and Insolvency
- Information Technology and Systems Audit
- Flinancial Treasury and Forex Management
- Governance and Sustainability
- Advanced Tax Laws and Practice
Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings
Elective (any one)
- Banking Law and Practice
- Capital, Commodity and Money Market
- Insurance Law and Practice
- Intellectual Property Rights- Law and Practice
- International Business- Laws and Practices