Pharmacy Aptitude Test (PAT)
Pat Exam Information
- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is an online test that is conducted in a single session.
- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) conducted by All India Council for Technical Education is an all India examination. AICTE decided to organize and conduct Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) examination to facilitate admission of Pharmacy graduates in M. Pharma and also to award fellowships/ scholarships to Pharmacy graduates.
- Until now GPAT is conducted twice a year. But from 2016-2017, the AICTE has decided to conduct GPAT only once in a year.
- All the Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges that are approved by AICTE will accept GPAT scores.
- All the other information regarding GPAT is available at its official website i.e.www.aicte-gpat.in
Pat Exam Eligibility
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- They must be Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates)
- Those who are in the final year of B. Pharmacy course are also eligible for appearing in GPAT exam.
Pat Exam Syllabus
- Physical Pharmacy.
- Microbiology In Pharmacy.
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence & Ethics.
- Introduction to Dispensing and Community Pharmacy.
- The Importance of unit operations in manufacturing.
- Dosages Forms, designing & evaluation.
- Inorganic Pharmaceutical & medicinal chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy.
- Organic Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy.
- Medicinal Chemistry.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis.
- Pathophysiology of Common Diseases.
- Fundamentals of general pharmacology.
- Basic Concepts of Pharmacotherapy.
- Sources of Drugs.
- Volatile Oils.
- Glycoside Containing Drugs.
- Alkaloid Containing Drugs.
- Studies of Traditional Drugs.
- General Techniques of Biosynthetic Studies.
- Basic Metabolic Pathways/Biogenesis.
- The role of plant-based drugs on the National economy.
- Applications of plant tissue culture in pharmacognosy.
- Marine pharmacognosy.